The natural landscape of Vietnam ranges from the fertile, green paddy fields of the Mekong Delta in the south, to long stretches of sandy beaches along the coastal area, with highlands and mountains in the north. A warm and friendly people will welcome you as you explore quiet villages and bustling cities and experience a unique blend of rich heritage and modern tourist facilities.
- Official name: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Population: 90,730,000 (estimated 2014)
- Capital city: Hanoi (6 million); Ho Chi Minh City (8 million)
- Administrative units: Vietnam is divided into 64 provinces and cities.
- Weather: Sub-tropical climate with four seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter) in the North and two seasons (dry and rainy) in the south.
- Religion: Buddhism, Christianity, Catholicism, Islam, Hoa Hao, Cao Dai
- Currency: The Vietnamese Dong (VND) is the official currency.
Cycling in Vietnam:
Vietnam's number of visitors for tourism and vacation has increased steadily over
the past ten years. About 5 million international guests visited Vietnam last year. The government and private enterprises are investing capital into the coastal regions that are already popular for their beaches and boat tours. Besides those regular tours, Vietnam is perhaps one of the best countries for cycling vacations. It gives travellers more chances to see the countryside and experience local life, compared with other methods of travel.
Popular destinations include: Hanoi, Saigon, Phong Nha, Hue (the old imperial capital), World Heritage Sites like Hoi An and the Cham temples of Mỹ Sơn, the coastal city of Nha Trang, the caves of Ha Long Bay, the Marble Mountains, and the Mekong Delta.